We are 🔎 looking for more than 250 premium Slovenian wines for our Slovina 🛒 shop on Vivino and Drinks&Co ⏱ A.S.AP!
Contact us now to discuss partnership possibilities, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The different wine & drinks marketplaces like Vivino and Drinks&Co provide different options for your wine and winery to be present, directly by the winery and indirectly via a merchant.
You can find most information on their special sections on the website for wineries and merchants. To make it easy for you we have summarized the most basic and important stuff below (disclaimer: no rights can be derived from this):
We are using Vivino and Drinks&Co as examples, we have also experiences with other, local marketplaces or online retailers in for example NL, DE,
- Vivino: the www.vivino.com/support section
- Drinks&Co: on the Uvinum support pages, the former brand before the acquisition by Pernod Ricard
We have gone through the whole process with them and therefore can provide you our personal experiences, learnings, best practices, pro’s and con’s, and more, which we are happy to share with you. (But of course you could also work with us, which is a lot easier ; )
Presenting your wine and winery on Vivino and other marktplaces
Vivino for example on their support page provides the following regarding Wineries & Wine Data:
- How does Vivino determine the price of a wine?
- How can I edit my winery data? (Winery Owners Only)
- How do I add my winery to Vivino?
- It is not possible to remove your wines: Vivino is a historical database
- How do I update my bottle labels? (Winery Owners Only)
- How do I get a wine included in my taste profile?
Next to this Vivino for instance provides Sponsorhsip options “Are you a winery who’d like to work with us?
If you’re a winery and you’d like to explore your marketing options, email us at email@example.com“
Drinks&Co in the support section for Professionals:
- We are a winery and have seen information about our wines or our winery with mistakes or with old photos or tags. What can we do?
- We are a winery and have seen our wines on your website. Where did you obtain them from?
- We are a winery and our information sheet about the winery is empty or incomplete. Can we give you content about our winery and our wines?
- We are a winery and would be interested in working with you. What should we do?
- We are a winery and you do not have any information about us nor our wines for sale. What can we do?
Selling your wine on Vivino and Drinks&Co
In order to sell your wine through the different country sites of Vivino or Drinks&Co
- meet all official requirements for the specific countries like governmental regulations related to VAT (registration and administration) and Customs Excise Duty,
- meet particular service level agreements regarding order fulfilment,
- meet any requirements regarding the catalogue,
- agree wih the commercial terms,
- meet all technical requirements regarding integration or product datafeed
Slovina is a certified Vivino Marketplace merchant in specific European countries.
We are looking for 250 premium Slovenian wines in order to meet the catalogue requirements of Drinks&Co
Re. Pricing & Sales Commission
Marketplaces charge a fee for their services. This has to be calculated into the price or margin. The commission is soemwhere between 10 – 20%, depending on the method or model, for instance:
- on the value of the goods sold, without VAT
- on the value of the order, including payment for delivery cost, excluding VAT
- or any other combination of above, including VAT or not.
In case the sales commission needs to come out of the margin, the cost price of the product needs to have an additional markup of:
- 20% sales commission > 25% cost price markup
- 15% sales commission > 17,65% cost price markup
- 10% sales commission > 11,11 cost price markup
The result is or a price increase of your product, with consequenses for the sales volume, or lower revenue with possibly a loss.
Re. Product Data Feed
The product data feed needs to be update therefor updated continiously for:
This in order to be able to fulfill the orders and meet the contract terms (otherwise penalty).
For examples of the product data feed requirements:
- Vivino: https://www.vivino.com/merchant-feeds for iformation and https://www.vivino.com/vivinofeed.txt for an example
- Drinks&Co requires a lot more information in the feed, which is explained in the special manual for merchants
(More to follow soon)